Thread: Stupid Spam

Default Stupid Spam

My website email was compromised today. I have since changed my password. Sorry for any inconvenience anyone has suffered.

I received similar spam all day, then my account started emailing out. What a time we live in.

Default Re: Stupid Spam

Sorry to hear of that Doug. I have had it happen a couple of times. Agrivating indeed.

Boy that's the pits.... I put my on email addy in my contacts list, or add to my mailing list. so when my puter starts sending out on it's own I will get one from myself.... lets me be aware.
    'Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life?
    Think I'll just loaf today then. Fred.

Doug,using the I/net these days can be a very 'iffy' experience. Last year,over 45,000 e-mail addresses were hi-jacked from UK's Facebook site.Mine must have been one of them. I received an e-mail from 'a person' that looked ok,but who's name i didn't recognise.I opened it up & it downloaded a malicious virus that kept giving me false AVG virus alerts every few minutes. I managed to rid myself of it with some help from the AVG Anti-virus folks themselves .
    Re. SPAM,i use the free version of 'SPAMfighter' which allows you to block &/or blacklist unwanted e-mails,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

Facebook has more than it's share of malware problems. Generally you don't get hit unless you click on the link in those e-mail messages. The problem is that people will click on anything. I get e-mail all the time with that the display name is someone I know but the e-mail address doesn't match them. Don't click on anything you aren't expecting.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

<not appropriate>
    Last edited by Scott Tichenor; Jun-19-2013 at 4:40pm. Reason: violates forum guidelines