Thread: Just as i thought i was getting somewhere!

Default Just as i thought i was getting somewhere!

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Default Re: Just as i thought i was getting somewhere!

This is the link for old folks at home who sit in front of a big screen, surrounded by their instruments.
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

Thanks man! I guess I need to learn how to do "that"

Default Re: Just as i thought i was getting somewhere!

The mandolin that Eva's playing,is the 'f' hole version of a Weber 'Beartooth' "A" style. Mine was the oval hole version & a truly fabulous mandolin - if only it hadn't had a warped neck !!.
    Watching & hearing players like Eva,take me back to when i was playing banjo in the early '70's. Bluegrass had really taken off by then & new players were coming along all the time.When you'd heard one that blew your socks off,along comes another one just as good or 'better' . I lived in a world of banjo 'superlative' back then,much as we're doing with mandolins these day - i blame it all on Chris Thile - that young guy's got a lot to answer for (praise the good Lord !!!). Even though i personally don't care for the music he currently plays,he's inspired a whole boatload of younger (& older, maybe) players to try to excel at what they do. That in itself smacks of 'genius' IMHO,
    Ivan
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0424.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	103672
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.