Hi guys,
I suppose most people in this forum are actually american or not from a german country to say the least. Yet I wondered if anybody in here will be visiting this years Cister Symposium in Suhl. It is not directly related to the mandolin since "Cister" is the german word for "Cittern" and in the case of this event it is mostly about the thuringian Waldzither (sometimes referred to as the german bouzouki I think) and related instruments (where I see the mandolin connection).
http://www.suhl-ccs.de/ccs/veranstal...ister-act.html
That is the event calendar entry, though I was born in this town I NEVER went to this event as of yet, so it is my first time too (and as of yet I'm not sure if I can make it but I'm planning to).
So if anybody goes there and I have the time to go there too, would be nice to say "Hi" to some fellow mandolin players and music friends.
Ah btw: At 19 o'clock the event starts with an exhibition of historical instruments throughout time (looks like some instrument builders/luthiers will be there to present and sell their instruments too) and at 20 there is a concert of the participants (at least that is what is written in the description), so I might have to bring my mandolin with me and show the world that I cant play .

Greets,
Roin