Thread: Anytune app

Default Anytune app

Before I cough up the 14.99 for the Anytune Pro+ I thought Ild see what the Cafe had to say about it. Experiences good and bad welcome. Has anybody found a better slow down and loop app or is this it. I'm trying to learn the mandolin intro to John Gorka's "Blue Chalk" (very cool- check it out anybody know who the player is?).

Default Re: Anytune app

Quote Originally Posted by lottarope View Post
    Before I cough up the 14.99 for the Anytune Pro+ I thought Ild see what the Cafe had to say about it. Experiences good and bad welcome. Has anybody found a better slow down and loop app or is this it. I'm trying to learn the mandolin intro to John Gorka's "Blue Chalk" (very cool- check it out anybody know who the player is?).
    I use this app regularly. I like the ability to slow down the tune by percentage while retaining remarkable sound/tonal quality. I use the auto incrementing feature to speed up the selected piece over repeated iterations. The mark and loop features are also helpful.

You can also easily import tunes from iPod etc into a library, setup marks and they are there next time you work with that tune.

To me, we'll worth the $15.

3. The following members say thank you to lloving for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by lottarope View Post
    anybody know who the player is?).
    Peter Ostroushko
    ~~~~~~
    Mike

I use anytune on my iPad, "Capo" is another great app with a IMHO more user friendly interface. The reason I use anytune is that it has a function to gradually speed up the passage on each pass, priceless if you want to get a tricky passage up to speed.

6. The following members say thank you to 55bar for this post:

Thanks loving and 55bar. I thought I saw someth ing for lyrics on it too or am I mistaken? I've looked at a lot of different apps and they are starting to combine in my head.

Thanks Michael, it makes sense it would be him. See what happens when you give a fiddler a mandolin... They raise the bar on us poor earthbound creatures. Goodness he is subtle and smooth.

I use Capo and find it to be very good for learning tunes by slowing them down if required, but more for isolating specific passages and looping them. Cannot remember the cost so it could not have been too prohibitive.

Regards

Lost my boots in transit terzinator's Avatar

Amazing Slowdowner. I've used it for the past three or four years. Awesome.

Never tried anytune, so I can't comment on that one.

10. The following members say thank you to terzinator for this post:

Bought and am using it. I think I'll really get to liking it once I get past the learning curve. One thing I've noticed already is it makes it easier to hear the slides and find my place on the neck. Now for the really hard part ... doing it as smoothly as Mr. Ostroushko.