Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sometimes it's best just to get a drink of water...

Ione CA in the beautiful gold country east of Sactown

Default Re: Sometimes it's best just to get a drink of water...

What Barry said... -L-

Seriously, life is short. It's one thing if it is a matter of taste, another if it's a guy or girl who is messing things up with their stupid ego. As I posted elsewhere, when I was playing for a living and the inevitable "sit in" showed up and played over others, we gave them a solo and then moved up a half step. There are always sphincters that will ruin things for everyone else. You just have to decide how much personal, karmic and downright physical violence you must bring to bear to straighten out the situation...

Blog Entries

Just got back from a local weekend festival. During the nonstop jamming I encountered a lot of friendly pickers and a few of those troubled personalities we're discussing here. At a festival it's easy to avoid them. You just get up and walk to the next circle. Fun times.

Watched the Grascals just kill it both nights talked with Danny Roberts a few times, got passed by Kristin Scott Benson in her running short and shoes on the way to breakfast, Terry Smith was eating chow with a very quiet Jeremy Abshire and Terry Eldredge threw my kiddo a ball cap during the show and was lucky enough to to thank him personally afterwards.

Blue Moon Rising was a great group and got to jam with David Mowell. Billy Bright from two high String band who was there with Geoff Union sat down in my circle with his Gilchrist across from my buddy, Kenny Snow, on his Gilchrist Loar copy that was recently liberated from Dave Grisman's stable. Those two really tore it up and I just sat back and watched. What a show!

I'm so glad I went.
    Breedlove Quartz FF with K&K Twin - Weber Big Horn - Fender FM62SCE
    Wall Hangers - 1970's Stella A and 60's Kay Kraft

Whether you slow your roll or mash on it, enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by greg_tsam View Post
    Just got back from a local weekend festival. During the nonstop jamming I encountered a lot of friendly pickers and a few of those troubled personalities we're discussing here. At a festival it's easy to avoid them. You just get up and walk to the next circle. Fun times.

Watched the Grascals just kill it both nights talked with Danny Roberts a few times, got passed by Kristin Scott Benson in her running short and shoes on the way to breakfast, Terry Smith was eating chow with a very quiet Jeremy Abshire and Terry Eldredge threw my kiddo a ball cap during the show and was lucky enough to to thank him personally afterwards.

Blue Moon Rising was a great group and got to jam with David Mowell. Billy Bright from two high String band who was there with Geoff Union sat down in my circle with his Gilchrist across from my buddy, Kenny Snow, on his Gilchrist Loar copy that was recently liberated from Dave Grisman's stable. Those two really tore it up and I just sat back and watched. What a show!

I'm so glad I went.
    Too bad you didn't have any fun.

The Grascals will be at the other end of the country from Houston this weekend at Pickin' In The Pasture in the Finger Lakes region of NY State. The members of The Grascals are very approachable and a couple of them seemed to really enjoy jamming here in the past. Of course there were no spincters participating. ;-) www.pickininthepasture.com

Yeah, I have done the same ( i.e., escaped for water breaks rather than vent). But Greg, where is there a weekly jam in Houston these days? I used to know back when I took lessons from Dave Peters (RIP) but have lost track since then, after three offspring and increasing work demands...