Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some of Paganini's pieces on mandolin?

Default Re: Some of Paganini's pieces on mandolin?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlindBard View Post
    Frankly, I am finding all the names of pieces he wrote a bit intimidating, lol.
    Not at all! The three works he wrote for mandolin are all quite accessible, much more so than any of the capricci.

--I may of found a solution, at least for some of the caprices. I think there is a way to convert sheet-music into ABC Notation. I then could put this onto The Craic app on my phone to read it there, definetly easier for when I decide to go play outside in these nice chairs we got recently.
    The only problem is: I don't know exactly where to find this. I've read about it being done, I just can't remember. Does anybody know about this?

I've tried finding sheet music for those pieces but am having no luck. I am going to dig around in my Library and see if any places near me have it.I think one of the universities nearby might.

You beat me to it, John!

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by John Goodin View Post
    Wearing my librarian hat I would like to suggest that you ask your local library to borrow the score that barbaram mentions via the wonders of interlibrary loan. Here's a link to the OCLC record for this publication in WorldCat:

http://www.worldcat.org/title/minuet...=brief_results

That should give any ILL librarian all they need to ask for a loan. It looks like there are 17 libraries that have told OCLC they own the publication. That isn't a lot but there's a good chance that one of them will loan their copy out.

Good luck,

John G.

I bought the Minuetto, Andantino, Allegro moderato when it came out and played it on some of early concerts, when I was desperate for repertoire, just to have a composer that people had heard of. It was a childhood composition and not but so interesting, so I haven't played it since the last century.

This is not an arrangement of Paganini's "moto perpetuo" but an original Solace composition in a similar style.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paganini_-_Serenata01.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	157871Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paganini_-_Serenata02.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	243.3 KB 
ID:	157872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rovene01.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	310.1 KB 
ID:	157873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rovene02.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	247.7 KB 
ID:	157874Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rovene03.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	227.6 KB 
ID:	157875Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paganinimandolin1.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	157876Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paganinimandolin2.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	157877Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paganinimandolin3.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	589.9 KB 
ID:	157878

Here ya go. You can't buy this stuff even if you want to.. I looked everywhere. It is out of print and no one seems to want to publish it again.

The only thing missing is the rest of the third movement of the "MS106 Minuetto Per L'Amandorlino For Mandolin," the Allegro Moderato. I figured that part out by ear from a Youtube music track of it. The un-named pages are the first two movements of MS106 Minuetto Per L'Amandorlino For Mandolin. The others are as titled. Enjoy!