Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Default Re: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Rob, thank you for the ebook! Great stuff in it, a wonderful resource.

Many thanks Rob, I received the e-book this morning. A quick glance through it suggests it will be very useful to me when the time comes, and my 2 intended builds are finished. Great source of info.
    Mike

Hi Robert, is it still possible to have your guide on the mandolin setup?

Thanks a lot Rob, I received your fantastic guide and I can't wait to put your precious advice into practice. In my area it is difficult to find luthiers able to make the correct setup for mandolins. Now, thanks to you, I will be able to do it myself. Thanks again

Rob, I just sent you an email. Thanks in advance.

I just got the ebook, really fast service thank you, can't wait to delve into it, cheers colm

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Meldrum View Post
    Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and I will email you a copy for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

Rob
    Thanks Rob,Great stuff

Just received Rob Meldrum's mandolin setup guide - very quickly after my request. Have not dived into it yet but wanted to give a big THANKS to Rob for putting it together and making it easily available, and at no cost. Big Thanks, Rob.

I'm the latest recipient of Rob Meldrum's generosity & expertise. What an excellent setup tutorial he's written. I'm setting aside time for a careful reading.

He also has two videos on YouTube showing the dramatic difference a good setup can make.

I bought a used 'The Loar LM600-VS' on eBay. It was in fact a factory 2nd with a (repaired) crack in the right headstock volute. No warranty, case or setup.

I wasn't aiming this high for a 2nd mandolin, but couldn't pass it up. Fortunate to have some experience & setup tools for working on guitars (& a feeler gauge Rob!).

The nut might require a shim & filing a G string notch. The bridge is currently on the deck but seems to work, although stiffly as do the tuners. All seems fixable.

Hopefully it can realize its full potential.

Thanks Commodore,

- Dan

Wanted to thank Rob for taking his time to send me his ebook. Great!!! EE

Thank you Rob for the lesson in set up, it did wonders for my starter instrument.

Many thanks, most useful.

Many thanks for the setup book Rob - from a guitar builder new to the world of mandolins.

Gerry

Thank you, Rob, for this E-book. It is very informative and as a newbie to mandolin building, it is already proving to be a very valuable resource to me!
    The descriptions and photographs are so easy to understand - even for someone as new to this as me!
    Rob was also very quick to reply to my request which is very much appreciated! Clearly we are in different time zones but I was very impressed that you were seemingly awake at 04:39am to reply to my request! Joking aside, this is an excellent resource and is very much appreciated. Thank you, Rob!

This is an absolutely amazing book for setting up any mandolin.
    Especially valuable for beginners.
    Thank you so much!!!!!

Rob, I just wanted to thank you for the set-up book. I purchased a nice older Oregon Breedlove a few years ago but as a beginner, I played in first position exclusively. Now that I’ve advanced a bit, I’m playing up the fretboard and that made me aware that the intonation was off; as I moved up all the strings got very sharp. I remembered that I had downloaded your book, so I broke it out and voila! I now have a well intonated mandolin.Thanks again

A big "Thank you" to Rob for this book! This is exactly what I was looking for now that I'm starting the process of setting up my first build. I was going to start asking questions about the correct procedure and then I found this post. Love the step-by-step instructions. Rob got back with me quickly after sending him a request. Be sure to get your hands on this if you're looking for a great resource on all things set-up related.

Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone!

Rob, I just want to thank you for the ebook and the video links. This will be a valuable resource for many years to come.

Hi Rob, sent a request for the ebook, thanks in advance

Thanks, Rob! I’m looking forward to digging in to the ebook and getting to know my mandolin better. There’s so much to learn and I know this is a solid resource that will help a lot. Thanks for making it available to this community!

Rob, I just want to thank you for the ebook and the video links. Can't wait to get started setting up my mandolin. Thanks for the quick response on the ebook.!!

Steve

I also want to post a word of thanks and appreciation to Rob! Received my ebook and videos today, and my first mandolin is arriving on Thursday. I really appreciate having this resource available, and I’ll report back once I can put theory into action! Thanks again, Rob!

Thank you so much Rob! The section on adjusting the bridge and saddle is exactly what I was looking for! Invaluable material!

Thank you very much! I look forward to getting my Sonata A-style in beautiful playing shape again.