Thread: Review; Weber Gallatin Soprano Mandolin

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Review; Weber Gallatin Soprano Mandolin

JazzMando What's New -
    You think tensioning up an E string is frightening, try taking it up a 4th higher! Such is the case with the new Weber Soprano mandolin CGDA tuning we had the privilege of reviewing the past couple weeks.
    The good news is we only broke one string, and better, drew no blood. Seriously though, the "sopranolin" was a treat and we have some nice things to say about the experience. Every mandolinist should have the opportunity to put one of these in his/her hands.
    Get "high" with us as we wax poetic on Bruce Weber's personal Gallatin F-body soprano mandolin, now available through through the Weber dealer network.
    Read review: Weber Gallatin Soprano Mandolin

Size comparison with the Sorensen Sprite JM

More news...

Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Review; Weber Gallatin Soprano Mandolin

Great review. I have one, exact same model, and I love it, and my experience agrees with those recounted in the review.

Mine came with a wood nymph overtone suppressor as well as the arm rest.

The shorter sustain I experience as a more percussive sound. It seems to help with the faster single line melodies. Also the chop chords really snap.

The closer fret spacing is easy to get used to, and has the advantage that your same old hand span reaches that much farther. The only real problem is going back to my regular mandolin and experiencing all the acreage.

I use it to soar mightily above the fiddles.
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....